Dulce Middle School
Student responses regarding this presentation at Dulce Middle School on Friday, December 12, 2008
- “Yes, I liked it because they said true stuff about how you should think of yourself and not worry about what other think of you.”
- “I learned about stories they had about their tribe. I liked their presentation.”
- “Yes, I liked it. The story taught me who they were.”
- “I liked the presentation because it was very interesting and informative.”
- “I liked the program. The thing that I really liked was the songs they performed.”
- “They shared their stories about being respectful. I liked the story about ‘The Three Arrows’.
- “I liked the dress that TallTree’s mother gave his wife. I liked it”.
- “I learned to ‘just be yourself’ and do anything you can and want to do”.
- “It was very wonderful. I liked the music! It was really good.”
- “Have I made a difference? Yes, I have!”
- “The one thing that jumped out at me was when they said a friend is always beside you and is sticking up for you.”
- “I liked the music, because it was so calming!”
- “The one thing I learned was not being ashamed of what your dreams are.”
- “I liked the music because it was awesome and sounded cool.”
- “Where ever you go, there you are!”
- “Yes, I learned something from these people. I learned that you can do anything.”
- “I learned you can go all over the world and get paid for it.”
- “Follow your dreams. It was good!”
- “Probably to work harder at what I want to be.”
- “Yea, I liked it. What I learned is to make a difference. I really liked the music because it was calming and nice.”
- “I learned that I can be a warrior or a leader. I loved today’s presentation.”
- “So, I loved what I learned about because I can do anything I want to do. If I put my mind and heart to it I can do anything. The music was very nice to listen to and it calmed me down and relaxed me.”
- “It was alright, I guess!!!
- I liked when Mr. TallTree told the story about the great lakes.
Just a note your way to share with you how positively wonderful the program was that the TallTrees presented to the Elementary and Middle
School students here in the Dulce Independent School District. I have attached some of the students responses when they were surveyed about
their opinion of the presentation/s. We appreciate the opportunity to have meet both of the TallTrees and listen to their music, stories, traditional ways. Our students felt they had a calming effect upon them.